Post Date 5/4/2017
Property: Walz Properties
Location: San Diego, CA
Position Type: Corporate Office
Requires knowledge of all aspects of property management accounting. This position will be directly responsible for a portfolio of properties accounting functions in Yardi Property Management Software. They must have knowledge of posting transaction, running reports, and reconciling accounts. Looking for a team player and someone with superb communications skills to directly interact with onsite staff and management.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Knowledge of Month-end closing process.
• Prepares Bank Reconciliations.
• Reviews A/R and A/P entries on a daily basis, solving any discrepancies as necessary in a timely manner.
• Processes write offs and collections.
• Processes monthly loan payments. Reconciles mortgage impound balances accordingly.
• Tracks delinquency/aging and contacts Property Managers accordingly.
• Works closely with team members to troubleshoot and reconcile tenants accounts/ledgers.
• Prepares Year End 1099s.
• Assists in training employees.
Knowledge, Experience, Educational Requirements:
• Minimum of 1+ years of Property Management/Real Estate experience preferred.
• Knowledge of an ability to use property management/accounting software (prefer Yardi), database software, spreadsheet software, Internet and Email software.